Homes across the Midlands come in all shapes and sizes and so do their roofs. When it comes to protecting your home, making sure your roof remains structurally sound is the key to keeping the rest of your home stable and healthy.
How long does it take to replace a house roof?
As experienced re-roofing specialists, replacing a house roof generally takes us around a week to complete. Of course, this all depends on the size and style of the property in question. Home buyer reports and building surveys are most likely to flag up warning signs that your roof may need replacing, which we will cover later on. This is not a job for a DIYer, almost 1 in 5 deaths in construction work involve roof work so why risk it? As well as fatal falls, DIY roofing can also go wrong due to pest infestations and the unpredictability of the initial build quality. You want your roofing project to be of the highest quality, so you should always employ a roofing specialist to retain peace of mind as well as safety.
What does replacing a house roof involve?
- Before roof replacement work can begin, we get rid of your old roof as standard.
- The first port of call is to add a layer of breathable, insulating and weatherproof felt.
- Now we lay the roof battens on top of the felt.
- The final piece to the re-roofing puzzle is to add the tiles.
- If ridge tiles are required, we use a dry ridge installation, where no sand or cement is used; allowing for constant roof ventilation.
- Complete aftercare support, with a 10-year insurance backed guarantee on all house roof replacement work.
Related to this post: Matching your roof and house colour
What are the warning signs that a roof might need replacing?
- Visible streaks of light in the attic
- Visibly damaged flashing (the material that protects the roof joints)
- Falling mortar (material that bonds the roof ridges together)
- Loose or damaged tiles
- Damp patches on upper floors / leaks
- Moss or mould growth
- Structural sagging
- Damaged or rotting underlay
- Gutter debris
- Over 20 years old
Left unchecked long-term could cause further damage to your home, as well as potentially putting your family at risk.
Harness your homes potential with a rejuvenating re-roofing project
If you’d like further information or a no obligation re-roofing quote, then get in touch with one of the Emerald Home Improvement staff who’ll be happy to kickstart your replacement house roof project as soon as possible.